Tuesday, January 04, 2005

There's No Place Like Home

I am home. I'm actually back at work... which isn't really cool, but completely useful considering that VISA is about to put a contract out on me.

But seriously, I had a vunderbar time over in the old world... but I was SO EXCITED to come home.

When my brother, my sis-in-law, little Elvis, and I landed in North Bay, there was about 3 feet of snow (or 1 metre)... crazy beautiful. I'll have to post a picture I took from my balcony. My home internet connection should be up soonish, so stay tuned.

Coming home at Christmas was perfect. I got to see all of my family and have awesome food. Not that I didn't have awesome food in Europe, but this was Gramma's Christmas Cooking. Mmm... and Daddy made raviolis. I know you're jealous. Contain yourself... sheesh!

Now that I'm home, I get to see if all this travelling learned me something. I've argued with my roommate already, does that count??

It's really good to be back. I'm going to try to keep posting pictures on this site. Mostly of Toronto I guess, since this is where I live and play... and yes dad, where I work. Long live vacations!! Work poos!

OH! I mentionned that we were going on a surprise trip... well. I was sure we were going to Scotland. All the hints pointed to it. But my sis-in-law is a cunning little lady and I ended up finding out, on the plane, that we were headed to Palermo, Italy!!!

That was an awesome surprise. Sicily is beautiful - I would love to go back for longer. I'll post pictures (promises, promises...) cuz we went to Buscemi in Sicily and we saw tons of cool things on the way too. Buscemi is a smallish town, in the mountains... too cool.

K, I'm going to go for a "coffee" break and then get back to work... ug.

Signed,
Maria of Buscemi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home